Surprise Trip for RJ to Traverse City!!

I was actually having a difficult time studying for finals because I was SO EXCITED to surprise RJ and take him to "Michigan wine country" = Traverse City! His mom helped by packing his bag and getting the car ready for the drive while I was away. I flew in on saturday night, so sunday morning I went over to his house in the morning. I went into his room and woke him up and told him we were going on a little trip. I was suppose to wait until we were in the car, but I blurted it out then, "We are going to Traverse City!" His reaction was pretty typical for a male, "Alright, sounds good, let me brush my teeth" haha. We stayed for a couple nights at an Inn on a vinyard that specialized in Reisling, our favorite type of wine. They also gave a complementary bottle of different kinds of reisling in the room everyday (awesome).

RJ's surprised face



View from the room

This was the other area of the Inn, it was pretty much a big house with renovated rooms.

Dining room

Basement

This was the common area kitchen where the guests could eat breakfast. RJ and I were the only couple there the first morning....so we ate everything they offered with no shame.

The goodies that RJ's mom packed for us (: Thanks!

Secret door to the wine cellar in the basement!

Wine celler

Wine cellar

So the girl that was helping us get checked in shared a story about the owner of the vineyard/Inn, she said that the owner made a machine that produces wine by the ounce for wine tastings in the wine cellar. He sold his idea to disney....probably why the place was amazing!

Belgium waffle maker...yes please!


Yum!

RJ making his belgium waffle.
  
RJ wanted to go to some microbrew pubs downtown, I guess there are some famous ones in Traverse City. This particular one was called Right Brain Brewery.

I don't usually like dark beers, but this one was delicious! I had RJ take a picture of me drinking a dark beer...it was actually a whimpy lager disguised as a stout.

So I take my fiance on this romantic getaway and how do we celebrate it....Mcdonalds and wine?? haha Seriously, it was my idea! I wouldn't want to share Mcdonalds and wine with anyone else but my RJ (;

0 comments:

Post a Comment